First Quarter 2021
- Revenue amounted to EUR 5,579 (3,191) thousand, corresponding to a growth of 75% (-21%) and an organic growth of -10% (-22%).
- EBITDA amounted to EUR 1,441 (1,742) thousand. Adjusted EBITDA (before items affecting comparability related to acquisitions and new share issues) was EUR 1,575 (1,742) thousand.
- Profit after tax was EUR 748 (2,759) thousand. Adjusted profit after tax (before items affecting comparability and currency effects) was EUR 553 (1,440) thousand.
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to EUR 0.006 (0.036). Adjusted earnings per share (before items affecting comparability and currency effects) was EUR 0.005 (0.019).
- New Depositing Customers (NDC) amounted to 31,787 (9,622) increasing by 230% (-16%).
- Cash flow from operating activities excluding one-off tax payment relating to acquisitions amounted to EUR 388 (1,625) thousand.
Significant events during the quarter
- In January, Acroud acquired the assets in Power Media Group (PMG), which includes Voonix, Matching Visions and Traffic Grid. PMG consists of three fast-growing companies which are mainly active in the European market with the affiliate network Matching Visions and marketing campaign broker Traffic Grid, but also includes an industry-leading SaaS service provider with Voonix. In 2020 PMG generated revenues amounting to EUR 9.6million and an EBITDA amounting to EUR 0.9million. PMG pursues a different business model with high entry-barriers and have diversified revenue streams where Matching Visions acts as a “hub” in the Affiliation industry where several thousand smaller affiliate sites are connected with operators. Matching Visions operates with a margin of around 10-15% and is, with its network, a vital part in the media ecosystem which Acroud has created.
- In January, the Company obtained a license to operate in Pennsylvania, which is already a regulated State. At the same time, Michigan, where Acroud already has a license, was regulated, which means that Acroud can run Sports Betting, Casino and Poker affiliate operations in both states.
- In February 2021, a new organizational structure was introduced, with two operational segments: the iGaming Affiliation segment and the… As a Service segment (SaaS and BaaS solutions). In the iGaming Affiliation segment, news and comparison sites are operated. In the… As a Service segment, we offer software and service solutions in the media and affiliation industry, so-called Software as a Service (SaaS) and Business as a Service (BaaS) offerings. In connection with the introduction of the new organization, a new and strengthened management team was formed consisting of seven people.
- In February, Acroud gave an update on US Strategy. Acroud will continue on the track with focus on the US market evaluating different growth initiatives to find the right balance between organic growth, partnerships with Media Houses and executing possible strategic acquisitions. As part of the evaluation Acroud decided to withdraw from the process of a potential acquisition where a Letter of Intent (“LOI”) was announced on 3 November 2020. The rationale behind the withdrawal was a combination of higher transaction risk than anticipated and increased momentum of our current assets.
- In February, the Company signed another letter of intent for the acquisition of TheGamblingCabin (TGC), which is a fast-growing company that offers both a software-based “gaming tips” service and highly popular streaming channels within Sports Betting, Poker and Horse Racing. TGC has a clear strategic fit with Acroud, whereby we strengthen our software offering (SaaS), while adding some of the most popular media channels, YouTube and Twitch, to our offering. The acquisition was finalized in April 2021.
- In March, an Extraordinary General Meeting was held which decided on an employee stock option program. The employee share option program covers key personnel and will run for three years until March 2024. The Extraordinary General Meeting was held on 1 March 2021.
Significant events after the quarter
- After the end of the period, TGC was acquired for a purchase price of approximately SEK 47 million, on a cash and debt-free basis. The purchase price was paid in cash and with newly issued shares in Acroud. The transaction was based on Acroud’s signed letter of intent published in a press release on 17 February 2021. TGC generated annual sales of approximately EUR 1.4 million, based on the 9-month period Q320– Q121, with an EBITDA margin of approximately 65 percent resulting in annual EBITDA of approximately EUR 0.9 million.
- In April, Jonas Strömberg from Erik Selin Aktiehandel AB and Maria Grimaldi Andersson were proposed to be elected as new board members of Acroud during the Annual General Meeting on 20 May 2021. At the same time, Fredrik Rüden and Jonas Bertilsson renounced re-election.
VD-comment: The Ride continues!
It has been a very eventful quarter during which we have executed the communicated strategy with increased focus on growth, which is seen in increasing NDCs (New Depositing Customers) development. This is one of the most important key figures and the development has been very strong, to a large extent as a result of acquisitions made and the synergies they entail. We have developed Acroud from being a traditional “comparison site” affiliate company to owning a strong “ecosystem” in the media and affiliation industry. We are taking big steps forward in high speed through an innovative and forward-leaning approach. We connect People, Content Creators (Bloggers, Youtubers, Affiliates, etc.) and activities within the ecosystem.
In short time we have developed Acroud from primarily operating traditional comparison and news sites within iGaming to also run land-based live events, SaaS solutions, BaaS solutions and high-quality media content such as Streaming, Twitch and Youtube. All of these mentioned components or “circles” meet in Acroud and it is so “where the magic happens” in the media ecosystem.
A strong and progressive quarter
When I took over as CEO I expected that it would take around 12 months before we would harvest the initial fruits of the extensive change management work. Therefore it is extra gratifying to see the results for the first quarter confirming this:
- NDC development is strong and increasing sequentially in both the iGaming Affiliation and As a Service segments, to 31,787 NDCs, largely driven by acquisitions, compared to 11,262 NDCs during the fourth quarter of 2020
- REVENUES increase sequentially by 123% to EUR 5,579, where revenues from the iGaming Affiliation segment also show growth of 13%
- ADJUSTED EBITDA increasing 54% quarter on quarter reaching 1,575 kEUR compared to 1,023 kEUR previous quarter
Through the change management work, the original iGaming Affiliation segment now shows growth sequentially, excluding acquisitions. Our comparative figures compared to the first quarter last year have been affected by the adjustment made in the Dutch market in July last year, which mainly explains the negative organic growth in iGaming Affiliation on an annual basis. According to Dutch authorities, the market is expected to reopen in October 2021.
What is “The Media House of the Future”?
For Acroud, it is a mantra and means a lot. First of all, it’s an attitude. “Future” means being pro-active, adaptable and to be in the forefront. “Media house” means that we build an ecosystem consisting of several different components that together complement each other with clear synergies. As an example, during March 2021 we generated +1,000 NDCs through streaming, which has not been generated in previous quarters in the business. By getting the various components to work together, we create diversification, high-qualitative content and high entry barriers. Step by step, we are moving from being a pure player with traditional comparison sites to a product mix comprising more complex solutions with high entry barriers and high-quality content.
Through the acquisition of Power Media Group, Acroud took a big leap into the SaaS industry and has now also become a SaaS company (Software as a Service). In line with our vision to create a better way for “Content Creators” to monetize from their work, we now offer two different software solutions. 1) Voonix, which is an industry-leading data collection tool in the affiliation industry, and 2) Affhut, which simplifies for users to build and create their own networks of “Content Creators”.
The acquisition of TheGamblingCabin (TGC) in April was another important milestone on the road to create the “Media House of the Future”. TGC is a fast-growing player in streaming and software solutions for the media and affiliation industry. TGCs’ “reduction tool” is an industry-leading software and the company’s digital presence is impressive and can be launched internationally. This and the other acquisitions we have made recently transform and strengthen Acroud at the same time as we position ourselves as a SaaS supplier on the strategic map.
Acroud´s three growth pillars
Following the acquisitions, a new company have been formed which consists of two operational segments: iGaming Affiliation (news and comparison websites) and …As a Service (SaaS- and BaaS solutions). Our expansion strategy for the two segments is based on 3 growth pillars which are iGaming Affiliation, BaaS and SaaS solutions. The iGaming Affiliation is our underlying affiliate business containing the traditional verticals; Poker, Sports Betting and Casino. Acroud delivers high quality content and uses search engine optimisation to rank high in keywords and thereby drive traffic in the media industry. The second pillar, “Software as a Service” (SaaS) solutions, has been described above, while the third pillar “Business as a Service” (BaaS) is a service offering that primarily includes Matching Visions. Matching Visions provides “Content Creators” (Bloggers, Youtubers, Affiliates, etc.) access to a large client base, unique software, tools and business terms, which would otherwise be out of their reach. Thousands of smaller iGaming affiliate sites around the world come together, via Matching Visions, to provide traffic and new players to online gaming operators.
Focus on “Operational Excellence”
After the integration of the acquired businesses, the focus is on ‘Operational Excellence’ and on developing the new Acroud together with our new team. In February a new management team was formed with experienced leaders from the industry who see the synergies within our group and have a way of working which is fast, entrepreneurial and professional. We are constantly improving and building a strong organization adapted to growth.
In addition, after two years of work, all sites have now migrated to one and the same platform, which means efficient and scalable roll-out of sites. Preparations for the opening and regulation of the German and Dutch markets this year are in full swing and the last pieces of the puzzle will fall into place during the second quarter so that we are ready to capitalize on our iGaming assets.
Our way to create shareholder value
I always aim to engage the best talent, make best use of resources and find our own unique position in the value chain within the industry. This in turn will maximize shareholder value. This is exactly what we are doing with Acroud moving on the strategic map and creating a unique media company with powerful SaaS solutions, unique focus on Poker and high-quality content including a large network of streamers. We like to see opportunities where others have not yet understood the full potential.
At the same time as others rush to the US, we continue our focus on organic growth step by step where our US assets are showing momentum. We focus on the areas where we have “low-hanging fruit” to pick to create value for shareholders.
In addition, we continue to create unique content and unique revenue streams by “owning poker again” via TheGamblingCabin and The Festival Series which is a land-based and competitive Sports Betting, Casino and Poker event at several different destinations in Europe. We are also expanding the streaming networks within Matching Visions as well as broadening our SaaS solutions through Voonix expansion. Pictures, mobile media and film are becoming important in our daily lives and also for search engine optimization, which is the foundation for building awareness regarding Acroud websites and brands. Thus, “User Generated Content” norm today – let’s do it through a strong offering in social media.
We will continue to pursue an opportunistic acquisition strategy where we evaluate new potential acquisitions, primarily focusing on SaaS solutions and Sports Betting, but we will not be as aggressive as the second half of 2020 and the first half of 2021. Priority will be on organic growth in our base portfolio, integration of completed acquisitions, while we will step by step reduce net indebtedness over time.
In summary, the pieces of the Acroud puzzle are starting to fall into place to build “The Media House of the Future” and we are prepared for solid growth. You can expect that we will continue to keep a high pace, invest smart and create value for shareholders.
Latam Affiliates Confirmed for June 30, 2022
The first edition of the Afiliados Latam – São Paulo event is confirmed for June 30th and will take place in São Paulo. The event will be the day after the BiS (Brazilian iGaming Summit), which will take place between the 28th and 29th of June, at the same location.
This year, both events will be held at Espaço JK, which is located on one of the most prestigious corners of São Paulo, at the intersection of Av. Juscelino Kubitscheck and Av. I would do Lima. In addition to a select venue, the event will also feature high quality content and renowned speakers in the iGaming industry.
Among some of the names that will be present, are confirmed, Pedro Lucas Trindade, Pedro Feitosa, Juliano Fontes, Fernando Verchai, Abelardo Dantas, Rodrigo Loco and other famous figures who will soon have their names released.
The event that covers the iGaming market, which in turn includes sports betting, casino games, bingo, poker and other modalities, should also cover topics about digital marketing in general, in addition to affiliate marketing. In addition to this publicity content, we will have issues regarding crypto, tokens and NFTs being covered on stage.
The complete agenda will be published on the official website of Afiliados Latam until the beginning of June. Until then, stay tuned to the event’s digital channels to follow the names of confirmed participants and the companies that will be there.
For the time being, the expectation is that there will be panels dedicated to the hottest issues of the moment, such as the possible situation of affiliates after a regulation of the sports betting market and the possible opening of the market in general after the bill that was passed in Congress earlier this year.
““The initiative will give voice to affiliates who bring years of experience in their luggage, to share during the event, so that the audience can take advantage of important tips to start or improve their operations” – commented Alessandro Valente, co-founder of Super Afiliados and creator of the event.
Since December, plans were being drawn up so that the event would take the form it needed to reach both the more experienced public and those who are not yet used to working in this sector.
Blexr Acquires Prime NZ Casino Review Site for Seven Figures
Lead generation company Blexr has bought the New Zealand-based website CasinoReviews.net.nz as part of its ongoing drive to expand its portfolio.
The site provides honest and thorough reviews of reputable online casinos which accept players from New Zealand, helping people make better online decisions.
Blexr, which has its headquarters in Malta, plans to make the website the most comprehensive casino resource for Kiwi players.
Blexr acquired https://www.casinoreviews.net.nz/ for a seven-figure sum, demonstrating its commitment to owning properties that will further enhance its offerings to its customer base.
Koen Bongers, Blexr’s Head of Marketing, said: “We believe this acquisition will blend very well into our existing product portfolio while increasing our presence in our target markets.
“New Zealand has a high interest in slot machines – called ‘pokies’ locally – and our bespoke free casino games technology allows us to create a highly localised offering in the market that will stand out from the competition.
“We have big plans for this website and are excited to see how it will grow in the coming months.”
AffPapa and Bspin.io join forces in a new partnership
AffPapa is excited to reveal its new partnership with Bspin.io, officially welcoming the iGaming operator to its ultimate directory.
Bspin.io, which launched in 2018, has since set up a dedicated community of returning players who enjoy a variety of benefits that we’ll go over in a bit.
The iGaming operator, which employs Bitcoin as its exclusive currency, allows its users to deposit, play, and withdraw Bitcoin with no extra conversion in their accounts – same with opening and exiting the games.
Bspin.io commented on the partnership:
“Bspin.io is very pleased to have started cooperation with AffPapa to continue delivering one of the purest forms of entertainment made transparent, safe, and with the players in mind. The joint effort will help to continue operating globally developing the proprietary casino platform on top of crypto adoption.”
Bspin.io is constantly upgrading its appearance and introducing new games. Over 600 titles are available on the website, ranging from jackpots to slots and table games. Daily rewards and one-time bonuses keep gamers intrigued and returning for more.
The operator covers popular GEOs, including Australia, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the United States, and Venezuela.
Yeva Avagyan, CCO at AffPapa, stated:
“I am very delighted to see Bspin.io go live with us – AffPapa. With their generous bonuses, one time offers, and 600+ thrilling games, Bspin has secured a loyal fanbase. I’m sure our crypto affiliates will be pleasantly surprised by our new operator being listed in the directory as well.”
When it comes to feedback and customer support, the operator states that every opinion and suggestion is evaluated. Their team of experts feel that this is the ideal strategy for having satisfied consumers.
With reliability, lightning-fast performance, and huge offers, Bspin.io is now open for direct messaging and exciting collaborations!
Rightlander partners with Awin to accelerate growth into new markets
Affiliate and advertising compliance experts, Rightlander.com have announced an overall product enhancement to support their growth into new markets...
SCOTT THOMAS TEAMS UP WITH CASINO GURU TO RAISE AWARENESS OF PROBLEM GAMBLING
Scott Thomas TV personality, podcaster, the managing director of The Social PR, and co-founder of Food4Thoughts, has recently joined...
The 5th AskGamblers Awards Winners Are Here!
After several months of anticipation, on a magical night on 16 June we finally revealed the names of winners...
MiFinity launches the most competitive affiliate programme in the industry
MiFinity Affiliates affirms the company’s commitment to growth with the highest revenue commission in the industry, adding more value...
VegasSlots.net Undergoing Revamp and Content Update
In the ever-changing world of online casinos, keeping the gaming suite up to date is essential. VegasSlots.net, a well-known...
Casino Guru Complaints Resolution Center Breaks Another Record: Almost $1 Million Returned to Players in May 2022
May has become a new record month for Casino Guru whose Complaints team has seen $915,000 returned to unfairly...
After succesful Dutch Affiliate Quality Mark, UK Focused Quality Mark is being launched
On September 8, 2021, XY Legal Solutions successfully launched the ‘Keurmerk Verantwoorde Affiliates’ (KVA), a quality mark for Dutch...
Most Reputable Online Casinos in Ohio
Ohio’s state government is yet to legalize online casinos, card games, and sportsbooks. Governor Mike DeWine signed the corresponding...
Betsson Group Affiliates to sponsor AffPapa iGaming Awards
Betsson Group Affiliates has made it to the list of the AffPapa iGaming Awards as a Silver Sponsor. The...
How important are partnerships in iGaming?
Many industries have been driven by rivalries as every company is striving for the best – but it’s not...
News5 years ago
Paddy Power departs the Italian market
Affiliate Success12 months ago
Blexr has been crowned Best Casino Affiliate at this year’s IGB Affiliate Awards
News5 years ago
Use of Social Media for Online Gambling Affiliates
Affiliate Announcements3 years ago
How to Stand Out on Georgia’s Profitable Gambling Market? Leading Experts to Discuss Best Practices at Georgia iGaming Affiliate Conference
Affiliate Success5 years ago
Affiliate Interviews: CasinoDaddy (Mathias, Anton, and Erik Joelsson)
News3 years ago
Casino Games for Real Money – Choosing One to Play
Affiliate Success5 years ago
Exclusive Interview with Christoph C. Cemper Founder & CEO of LinkResearchTools and Link Detox
News4 years ago
Henrik Persson Ekdahl announces sale of stake in Catena Media