First Quarter 2021
- Revenue amounted to EUR 5,579 (3,191) thousand, corresponding to a growth of 75% (-21%) and an organic growth of -10% (-22%).
- EBITDA amounted to EUR 1,441 (1,742) thousand. Adjusted EBITDA (before items affecting comparability related to acquisitions and new share issues) was EUR 1,575 (1,742) thousand.
- Profit after tax was EUR 748 (2,759) thousand. Adjusted profit after tax (before items affecting comparability and currency effects) was EUR 553 (1,440) thousand.
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to EUR 0.006 (0.036). Adjusted earnings per share (before items affecting comparability and currency effects) was EUR 0.005 (0.019).
- New Depositing Customers (NDC) amounted to 31,787 (9,622) increasing by 230% (-16%).
- Cash flow from operating activities excluding one-off tax payment relating to acquisitions amounted to EUR 388 (1,625) thousand.
Significant events during the quarter
- In January, Acroud acquired the assets in Power Media Group (PMG), which includes Voonix, Matching Visions and Traffic Grid. PMG consists of three fast-growing companies which are mainly active in the European market with the affiliate network Matching Visions and marketing campaign broker Traffic Grid, but also includes an industry-leading SaaS service provider with Voonix. In 2020 PMG generated revenues amounting to EUR 9.6million and an EBITDA amounting to EUR 0.9million. PMG pursues a different business model with high entry-barriers and have diversified revenue streams where Matching Visions acts as a “hub” in the Affiliation industry where several thousand smaller affiliate sites are connected with operators. Matching Visions operates with a margin of around 10-15% and is, with its network, a vital part in the media ecosystem which Acroud has created.
- In January, the Company obtained a license to operate in Pennsylvania, which is already a regulated State. At the same time, Michigan, where Acroud already has a license, was regulated, which means that Acroud can run Sports Betting, Casino and Poker affiliate operations in both states.
- In February 2021, a new organizational structure was introduced, with two operational segments: the iGaming Affiliation segment and the… As a Service segment (SaaS and BaaS solutions). In the iGaming Affiliation segment, news and comparison sites are operated. In the… As a Service segment, we offer software and service solutions in the media and affiliation industry, so-called Software as a Service (SaaS) and Business as a Service (BaaS) offerings. In connection with the introduction of the new organization, a new and strengthened management team was formed consisting of seven people.
- In February, Acroud gave an update on US Strategy. Acroud will continue on the track with focus on the US market evaluating different growth initiatives to find the right balance between organic growth, partnerships with Media Houses and executing possible strategic acquisitions. As part of the evaluation Acroud decided to withdraw from the process of a potential acquisition where a Letter of Intent (“LOI”) was announced on 3 November 2020. The rationale behind the withdrawal was a combination of higher transaction risk than anticipated and increased momentum of our current assets.
- In February, the Company signed another letter of intent for the acquisition of TheGamblingCabin (TGC), which is a fast-growing company that offers both a software-based “gaming tips” service and highly popular streaming channels within Sports Betting, Poker and Horse Racing. TGC has a clear strategic fit with Acroud, whereby we strengthen our software offering (SaaS), while adding some of the most popular media channels, YouTube and Twitch, to our offering. The acquisition was finalized in April 2021.
- In March, an Extraordinary General Meeting was held which decided on an employee stock option program. The employee share option program covers key personnel and will run for three years until March 2024. The Extraordinary General Meeting was held on 1 March 2021.
Significant events after the quarter
- After the end of the period, TGC was acquired for a purchase price of approximately SEK 47 million, on a cash and debt-free basis. The purchase price was paid in cash and with newly issued shares in Acroud. The transaction was based on Acroud’s signed letter of intent published in a press release on 17 February 2021. TGC generated annual sales of approximately EUR 1.4 million, based on the 9-month period Q320– Q121, with an EBITDA margin of approximately 65 percent resulting in annual EBITDA of approximately EUR 0.9 million.
- In April, Jonas Strömberg from Erik Selin Aktiehandel AB and Maria Grimaldi Andersson were proposed to be elected as new board members of Acroud during the Annual General Meeting on 20 May 2021. At the same time, Fredrik Rüden and Jonas Bertilsson renounced re-election.
VD-comment: The Ride continues!
It has been a very eventful quarter during which we have executed the communicated strategy with increased focus on growth, which is seen in increasing NDCs (New Depositing Customers) development. This is one of the most important key figures and the development has been very strong, to a large extent as a result of acquisitions made and the synergies they entail. We have developed Acroud from being a traditional “comparison site” affiliate company to owning a strong “ecosystem” in the media and affiliation industry. We are taking big steps forward in high speed through an innovative and forward-leaning approach. We connect People, Content Creators (Bloggers, Youtubers, Affiliates, etc.) and activities within the ecosystem.
In short time we have developed Acroud from primarily operating traditional comparison and news sites within iGaming to also run land-based live events, SaaS solutions, BaaS solutions and high-quality media content such as Streaming, Twitch and Youtube. All of these mentioned components or “circles” meet in Acroud and it is so “where the magic happens” in the media ecosystem.
A strong and progressive quarter
When I took over as CEO I expected that it would take around 12 months before we would harvest the initial fruits of the extensive change management work. Therefore it is extra gratifying to see the results for the first quarter confirming this:
- NDC development is strong and increasing sequentially in both the iGaming Affiliation and As a Service segments, to 31,787 NDCs, largely driven by acquisitions, compared to 11,262 NDCs during the fourth quarter of 2020
- REVENUES increase sequentially by 123% to EUR 5,579, where revenues from the iGaming Affiliation segment also show growth of 13%
- ADJUSTED EBITDA increasing 54% quarter on quarter reaching 1,575 kEUR compared to 1,023 kEUR previous quarter
Through the change management work, the original iGaming Affiliation segment now shows growth sequentially, excluding acquisitions. Our comparative figures compared to the first quarter last year have been affected by the adjustment made in the Dutch market in July last year, which mainly explains the negative organic growth in iGaming Affiliation on an annual basis. According to Dutch authorities, the market is expected to reopen in October 2021.
What is “The Media House of the Future”?
For Acroud, it is a mantra and means a lot. First of all, it’s an attitude. “Future” means being pro-active, adaptable and to be in the forefront. “Media house” means that we build an ecosystem consisting of several different components that together complement each other with clear synergies. As an example, during March 2021 we generated +1,000 NDCs through streaming, which has not been generated in previous quarters in the business. By getting the various components to work together, we create diversification, high-qualitative content and high entry barriers. Step by step, we are moving from being a pure player with traditional comparison sites to a product mix comprising more complex solutions with high entry barriers and high-quality content.
Through the acquisition of Power Media Group, Acroud took a big leap into the SaaS industry and has now also become a SaaS company (Software as a Service). In line with our vision to create a better way for “Content Creators” to monetize from their work, we now offer two different software solutions. 1) Voonix, which is an industry-leading data collection tool in the affiliation industry, and 2) Affhut, which simplifies for users to build and create their own networks of “Content Creators”.
The acquisition of TheGamblingCabin (TGC) in April was another important milestone on the road to create the “Media House of the Future”. TGC is a fast-growing player in streaming and software solutions for the media and affiliation industry. TGCs’ “reduction tool” is an industry-leading software and the company’s digital presence is impressive and can be launched internationally. This and the other acquisitions we have made recently transform and strengthen Acroud at the same time as we position ourselves as a SaaS supplier on the strategic map.
Acroud´s three growth pillars
Following the acquisitions, a new company have been formed which consists of two operational segments: iGaming Affiliation (news and comparison websites) and …As a Service (SaaS- and BaaS solutions). Our expansion strategy for the two segments is based on 3 growth pillars which are iGaming Affiliation, BaaS and SaaS solutions. The iGaming Affiliation is our underlying affiliate business containing the traditional verticals; Poker, Sports Betting and Casino. Acroud delivers high quality content and uses search engine optimisation to rank high in keywords and thereby drive traffic in the media industry. The second pillar, “Software as a Service” (SaaS) solutions, has been described above, while the third pillar “Business as a Service” (BaaS) is a service offering that primarily includes Matching Visions. Matching Visions provides “Content Creators” (Bloggers, Youtubers, Affiliates, etc.) access to a large client base, unique software, tools and business terms, which would otherwise be out of their reach. Thousands of smaller iGaming affiliate sites around the world come together, via Matching Visions, to provide traffic and new players to online gaming operators.
Focus on “Operational Excellence”
After the integration of the acquired businesses, the focus is on ‘Operational Excellence’ and on developing the new Acroud together with our new team. In February a new management team was formed with experienced leaders from the industry who see the synergies within our group and have a way of working which is fast, entrepreneurial and professional. We are constantly improving and building a strong organization adapted to growth.
In addition, after two years of work, all sites have now migrated to one and the same platform, which means efficient and scalable roll-out of sites. Preparations for the opening and regulation of the German and Dutch markets this year are in full swing and the last pieces of the puzzle will fall into place during the second quarter so that we are ready to capitalize on our iGaming assets.
Our way to create shareholder value
I always aim to engage the best talent, make best use of resources and find our own unique position in the value chain within the industry. This in turn will maximize shareholder value. This is exactly what we are doing with Acroud moving on the strategic map and creating a unique media company with powerful SaaS solutions, unique focus on Poker and high-quality content including a large network of streamers. We like to see opportunities where others have not yet understood the full potential.
At the same time as others rush to the US, we continue our focus on organic growth step by step where our US assets are showing momentum. We focus on the areas where we have “low-hanging fruit” to pick to create value for shareholders.
In addition, we continue to create unique content and unique revenue streams by “owning poker again” via TheGamblingCabin and The Festival Series which is a land-based and competitive Sports Betting, Casino and Poker event at several different destinations in Europe. We are also expanding the streaming networks within Matching Visions as well as broadening our SaaS solutions through Voonix expansion. Pictures, mobile media and film are becoming important in our daily lives and also for search engine optimization, which is the foundation for building awareness regarding Acroud websites and brands. Thus, “User Generated Content” norm today – let’s do it through a strong offering in social media.
We will continue to pursue an opportunistic acquisition strategy where we evaluate new potential acquisitions, primarily focusing on SaaS solutions and Sports Betting, but we will not be as aggressive as the second half of 2020 and the first half of 2021. Priority will be on organic growth in our base portfolio, integration of completed acquisitions, while we will step by step reduce net indebtedness over time.
In summary, the pieces of the Acroud puzzle are starting to fall into place to build “The Media House of the Future” and we are prepared for solid growth. You can expect that we will continue to keep a high pace, invest smart and create value for shareholders.
Betsson Group Affiliates and AffPapa extend partnership
AffPapa – the ultimate iGaming directory, is excited to announce that it has renewed its partnership with Betsson Group Affiliates.
After learning about AffPapa’s services in 2020, Betsson Group Affiliates decided it was in their greatest advantage to join forces with the ultimate iGaming directory. The two companies’ year-long collaboration has now been extended.
Commenting on the announcement, Shakyra Jonsson, BGA’s Senior Affiliate Operations Manager, said: “We have decided to renew our partnership with AffPapa, as the service provided has been exceptional. It’s a tool we have utilized daily and we look forward to our extended collaboration!”
Betsson Group Affiliates is the exclusive online affiliate program that incorporates the core of the traditional business with the best practices of the dynamic and profitable online gaming industry.
You will enjoy these advantages by working with Betsson Group Affiliates:
High commission rates of up to 40%
Excellent marketing tools for effectively optimizing campaigns for maximum revenue
The BGA Wallet – the ultimate financial tool for affiliates in the market
30+ languages offered – making it simple for affiliates to reach international markets and make players more comfortable
Unique approach and exclusive service
Apart from that, Betsson Group Affiliates provides more than 20 brands and pays a great deal to responsible gambling.
Yeva Avagyan, Head of Commercials at AffPapa, went on to say: “I’m thrilled to announce that, as a result of a smooth and successful collaboration, Betsson Group and AffPapa have come to extend our mutual partnership. It’s been a productive year with Betsson’s incredible team, and we are looking forward to 2022’s great unfoldings!”
AffPapa is thrilled to be continuing working with the leading Malta-based iGaming company. Betsson Group Affiliates’ decision to prolong the collaboration is an honest reflection of AffPapa’s ongoing efforts and high-quality service – an excellent compliment for the team’s efforts.
Global brand 24kCasino removes admin fees for affiliates
24KCasino is proud to be an independently run casino
24K Casino has recently stepped away from the white label offering of SG International and are proud to be an independently run casino.
Not only this, but 24kCasino has made many more upgrades to their product offering.
Firstly, they changed their payment processing provider, by integrating with a new provider they have been able to secure over 200 different deposit options for your players for all geos.
Secondly, they onboarded many new game providers, totalling around 6000 games from almost all top tier providers.
24kCasino CEO Mark Taylor said: “This gives us many more freedoms and the ability to be super reactive to both our Player and Affiliates needs. We believe these changes massively set us aside from any of our competitors and look to transform our partnership to be win win for both parties.”
Most importantly, being independent, 24kCasino Affiliates are able to significantly reduce the costs they had previously, passing on the savings directly to their loyal Affiliates by removing our admin fee completely. As of today, they have abolished all admin fee’s from the affiliate platform, 0% admin fee, you make your RS% from 100% of losses.
24kCasino has been in the industry since 2019, offering their Curacao licenced brand to a global market. Covering 7 languages with 12 currencies, the casino offers the traditional payment methods as well as the expected Crypto options as well.
With so many casinos in the market, 24kCasino strives to continue to build on the customer journey and experience. Their welcome offer incorporates a deposit offer as well as free spins and has a high withdrawal limit per month.
Frapapa Launch New Affiliate Program with Income Access
Income Access is thrilled to announce their partnership with Frapapa, in addition to the launch of their new affiliate programme! Frapapa is an exciting new sportsbook and casino platform focused on the expanding Nigerian market.
We will be providing our industry-leading affiliate marketing tracking platform solution to Frapapa, as well as launching and managing its new affiliate channel. The launch will supply affiliates with a wide range of marketing and analytics tools, flexible commissions, detailed performance tracking and support from a knowledgeable team with 19 years of experience in the industry.
Frapapa is a new sports betting and casino platform that is targeting the growing Nigerian market. They offer access to betting on all your favourite sports, including football, basketball, and rugby. In addition, they have a variety of casino games for their players, along with live and virtual games to play and bet on.
Their platform is easy to navigate and has several exciting features for sports lovers, to make their experience even more enjoyable! These features include Frapapa’s compact view of all daily events, filters for the market options, and an intelligent arrangement of the various sports to bet on. Despite the brand just barely being a year old, it is already well known to many sports betting fans, due to their exceptional service and amazing offers available.
About Player Opportunities
Frapapa has an array of exciting bonuses for their clients to benefit from, as new players get to take advantage of their 300% welcome bonus up to N300,000. They can even enjoy this offer up to three times! If players miss out on this welcome bonus, they can still claim 75% on the next two deposits made. Frapapa’s players can enjoy the convenience of their mobile app and live support seven days a week. They also offer instant pay-outs and in-play cash out to their users.
Frapapa’s Commission Promotion
With the launch of their affiliate programme, Frapapa is offering a premium-tiered commission deal, where new affiliates who sign up to the programme get a premium revenue share of up to 35%.
Digital Division Ltd Selects Full Product Suite from Crucial Compliance
Leading Responsible Affiliate Brand Partners with Compliance, Responsibility and Affordability Experts Digital Division Ltd, the parent company behind industry-leading...
Casino Guru Marks 2021 as Its Most Successful Year Ever
The year 2021 has been full of reached milestones and achievements for Casino Guru. The increasing number of visitors...
GiG adds Matching Visions to its growing list of partners for GiG Comply
Gaming Innovation Group Inc. (GiG) has signed an agreement with Malta-based affiliate network, Matching Visions, recently acquired by Acroud...
Global brand 24kCasino removes admin fees for affiliates
24KCasino is proud to be an independently run casino 24K Casino has recently stepped away from the white label...
Frapapa Launch New Affiliate Program with Income Access
Income Access is thrilled to announce their partnership with Frapapa, in addition to the launch of their new affiliate...
OUTLAST DFS Launch New Affiliate Program with Income Access
Income Access is thrilled to announce their partnership with OUTLAST DFS, an exciting Daily Fantasy Sports App that has...
Casinos Without Registration are the Most Popular in Finland
A popular way of playing online casino games in Finland is at a casino without registration. No registration casinos...
Festive season at King Billy Casino starts with a A$140.412 win!
The festive season at King Billy Casino has started with a bang and a win! Only one week into...
Tombola shocks affiliate world: Dutch affiliates forced to pay 1125 for compliance check
Tombola, one of the largest online bingo sites globally, has decided to require affiliates who want to promote the...
Lottery.com Announces Hiring of Greg Potts as Global VP of Affiliate Success
Lottery.com Inc., a leading technology company that is transforming how, where and when the lottery is played, announced that...
News4 years ago
Paddy Power departs the Italian market
News5 years ago
Use of Social Media for Online Gambling Affiliates
Affiliate Success7 months ago
Blexr has been crowned Best Casino Affiliate at this year’s IGB Affiliate Awards
Affiliate Announcements3 years ago
How to Stand Out on Georgia’s Profitable Gambling Market? Leading Experts to Discuss Best Practices at Georgia iGaming Affiliate Conference
Affiliate Success5 years ago
Affiliate Interviews: CasinoDaddy (Mathias, Anton, and Erik Joelsson)
News3 years ago
Casino Games for Real Money – Choosing One to Play
Affiliate Success5 years ago
Exclusive Interview with Christoph C. Cemper Founder & CEO of LinkResearchTools and Link Detox
News3 years ago
Henrik Persson Ekdahl announces sale of stake in Catena Media