Canada’s online gambling industry is growing at an exponential rate, and it is certainly not going to be slowing down any time soon. Nowadays, more and more Canadians are doing a spot of online gambling and more casinos are being built to meet the high demands. We know how popular this industry now is, therefore, it is important that we analyze online casinos before signing up with them. They all want to make profits, so this is a good enough reason not to blindly believe any bonus offer they make. There are plenty of great comparison sites out there that give great information about a variety of online casinos and Casimoose.ca, which was created in 2020, is one such site that is gaining popularity among Canadians.
A Team of Experts
At Casimoose, you will come across a team of experts that have been involved in the online gambling industry in one way or another for many years. Every member of the team has one aim in life and that is to make sure that all online casino players in Canada can easily find the best online casino sites for them. They use all of the great knowledge that they have accumulated over the years to make sure that this what happens.
We feel that it is important to add here that the Casimoose experts do not only provide information about casinos that have been in existence for a long time – they are aware that new casinos are popping up all the time now thanks to the rapid growth of the online gambling industry in Canada, so they make sure that they provide all their readers with valuable information about new casinos too.
The sources where they acquire their information from helps their authenticity and they do not leave anything to luck when they are gathering their information. They acquire their stats from a plethora of sources which include the online casinos themselves and feedback from players that have spent plenty of time playing at the casino in question. It is fair to say that they really do not leave any stone unturned when it comes down to giving their readers as much great information as possible.
What is So Special about Casimoose?
You might be sitting there thinking that we just answered this question above, but the immense effort that the Casimoose experts put in is not the only thing that makes this affiliate site so special. Another thing that makes them so great is what they do with the information that they find.
They publish all the information that they deem to be valuable in detailed reviews. By reading a review of theirs you will be able to find out all the important information that you need. We will not discuss what type of information you will find in a Casimoose review here as this is explained in the following section.
Casimoose has your back, and if they come across an online casino that is not doing things by the book and seems to be trying to cheat innocent gamblers out of their hard-earned money, then they will let you know about it in no uncertain terms and give them a poor rating, meaning that you do not fall into their trap.
Not All Casinos Will Make the Cut
when it comes to ranking online casinos, Casimoose are extremely transparent as to what they keep a look out for. They have their own criteria that they analyze at each casino, and if a casino is lacking when it comes to these criteria then they will not be recommended to their readers. Thus, when you are looking at the different online casinos that they suggest Canadians open an account with, you can be certain that there no online casinos on the list that are rubbish.
So, what exactly do the experts at Casimoose look out for when they analyze an online casino? We have given you a list below that reveals all:
- The bonuses that are on offer – Do they offer players an enticing Welcome Bonus and other promos? Are the terms and conditions such as wagering requirements fair?
- The games that are on offer – Will players be able to enjoy a variety of table games (poker, roulette, baccarat, blackjack) and slots? Are their games also available to play for free? Can you play all their games on your mobile device? Do the games have a good payout rate?
- The different payment methods available – Do they have the best deposit and withdrawal options for Canadians such as VISA, Trustly, Skrill, PayPal, Bitcoin, and Neteller?
- Who they hold a license by – Are they licensed by reputable regulators such as the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, or the Kahnawake Gaming Commission?
- The customer support that is on offer – Do they have a great customer support team that can be contacted via email, live chat, and telephone?
- Are there sports too? Nowadays, many of those who like to do a spot of gambling at online casinos also like to do a bit of sports betting. Therefore, they will also check what sports markets are on offer if they do indeed have a sportsbook available.
The Casimoose Experts
As we spoke about above, Casimoose has a team of experts that make sure that people gambling in Canada can find exactly what they are searching for in an online casino. Below we are going to have a look at the Casimoose experts in a bit more detail, so you can clearly see why they are qualified to do what they do.
The team at Casimoose is composed of Kayleigh Williams (content writer), Hunter Wilson (content writer), and Charlotte Fitzgerald (editor).
Kayleigh is a content writer who has eight years of analyzing casinos and writing reviews under her belt. If she looks at an online casino and tells you that they are not worth opening an account with, then we suggest that you listen to her words carefully and take your money somewhere else. She is not telling you for the sake of her own health.
Hunter is also a content writer, but he also really enjoys playing poker in his spare time. As well as being an avid poker player, he also enjoys other table games such as roulette, baccarat, and blackjack. He is also partial to a few spins on slots every now and then. In short, he definitely has the experience to know what he is talking about when it comes to casino games.
Charlotte is the editor at Casimoose, and she has 10 years’ worth of gambling editing experience under her belt. She has worked with some top companies during her career and is the one that makes sure the standard remains extremely high at Casimoose. If she does not like something, she will not hesitate to let Hunter or Kayleigh know about it. This is great as it means that you can be certain that the information that you read on their site is nothing but quality.
Casimoose Advocate Safe Gambling
People love to gamble because they enjoy the thrill it gives them. There really is not a lot out there that can beat that adrenaline rush you get when you are waiting for a roulette wheel to stop or the blackjack dealer to turn his cards over. However, we cannot deny the fact that gambling can become addictive extremely quickly.
This is the reason why Casimoose are big advocates of responsible gambling. Whether you are going through a nice winning streak or an annoying losing streak, you have to know when to call it quits. You need to set a budget for yourself and keep to it, no matter what happens. If you set a budget of $100 and you lose it, it is imperative that you do not go ahead and tell yourself that it is perfectly fine to spend $20 or $30 more to try and recuperate it – this will lead to you losing more money.
Yes, we gamble to win money, but you should also gamble for entertainment. If you find that gambling is no longer entertaining for you, they you have to stop. If you believe that you have a gambling problem, then you should seek some professional help as soon as possible – the longer it is left, the worse it will get.
Introducing The Affiliate Agency
Full service iGaming affiliate staffing and management for emerging markets
With an eye on emerging iGaming markets, The Affiliate Agency (TAA) has launched to help merchants with affiliate program management and day-to-day management of their affiliate programs. The two veteran owners of TAA each have over 20 years experience with affiliate program management and relationship building. The Affiliate Agency is ready to leverage this experience and connections to help launch new and grow existing affiliate programs in all industries, with a focus on iGaming.
The Affiliate Agency is a full service affiliate marketing agency that is committed to flexibility when working with clients. Along with affiliate management staffing, TAA helps with affiliate recruitment, program setup, affiliate engagement, and manager training. The Agency also has a team ready to provide design of creatives, copywriting services and more. Each offering by TAA is available a la carte. The Agency is also affiliate software agnostic and will work with any tracking platform required, and can recommend the best system for each client from a list of trusted providers.
“The most difficult part of running a successful affiliate program is hiring seasoned affiliate managers who have connections to high value affiliates,” said General Manager Connie Burstin. “With The Affiliate Agency we plan to streamline and provide this process out of the box for brands, allowing them to hit the ground running and earning revenue with their affiliate programs from day one.”
The Affiliate Agency is based in the United States and Canada and has staff in Costa Rica, positioning itself to service iGaming operators targeting the Americas but also worldwide.
For more information about the Affiliate Agency, contact info@TheAffiliateAgency.co or visit TheAffiliateAgency.co
GiG Media reaches top 3 in EGR Power Affiliates Ranking
Gaming Innovation Group’s media affiliate business, GiG Media has been given industry recognition as one of the top three power affiliates within the gaming industry in this year’s Power Affiliate Ranking 2021.
The annual Power Affiliates list commends 25 of the most successful affiliate businesses in the global gambling industry and is referred to by EGR as “a comprehensive rundown of the biggest online gambling affiliates operating in the sector today.”
GiG Media grew from strength to strength in 2020, In December 2020 GiG Media realised an all-time high in monthly revenue and generated the 2nd highest monthly player intake over the past two years. The positive developments continued in the new year. In Q1 2021 GiG’s media business reached an all-time quarterly high in player intake and in revenue. In Q1 2021 player intake grew 56% YoY and 31% QoQ hitting an all-time high in players generated quarterly for GiG Media.
Jonas Warrer, CMO at GiG said: “ I am extremely proud that we have officially been named one of the top three Power Affiliates in this year’s EGR Power Affiliates Ranking, up nine places from last year! This is a strong testament to all the hard work and dedication the organisation has put into improving our websites, our campaigns, our IT, our content, our design, – just to name a few areas. I am happy to see that our focus on organic growth resulted in continuous improvements throughout 2020, with the aim of new all-time-highs to come throughout the rest of 2021.”
Acroud publishes interim report Jan-Mar 2021: Strong quarter characterised by growth and acquisitions
First Quarter 2021
- Revenue amounted to EUR 5,579 (3,191) thousand, corresponding to a growth of 75% (-21%) and an organic growth of -10% (-22%).
- EBITDA amounted to EUR 1,441 (1,742) thousand. Adjusted EBITDA (before items affecting comparability related to acquisitions and new share issues) was EUR 1,575 (1,742) thousand.
- Profit after tax was EUR 748 (2,759) thousand. Adjusted profit after tax (before items affecting comparability and currency effects) was EUR 553 (1,440) thousand.
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to EUR 0.006 (0.036). Adjusted earnings per share (before items affecting comparability and currency effects) was EUR 0.005 (0.019).
- New Depositing Customers (NDC) amounted to 31,787 (9,622) increasing by 230% (-16%).
- Cash flow from operating activities excluding one-off tax payment relating to acquisitions amounted to EUR 388 (1,625) thousand.
Significant events during the quarter
- In January, Acroud acquired the assets in Power Media Group (PMG), which includes Voonix, Matching Visions and Traffic Grid. PMG consists of three fast-growing companies which are mainly active in the European market with the affiliate network Matching Visions and marketing campaign broker Traffic Grid, but also includes an industry-leading SaaS service provider with Voonix. In 2020 PMG generated revenues amounting to EUR 9.6million and an EBITDA amounting to EUR 0.9million. PMG pursues a different business model with high entry-barriers and have diversified revenue streams where Matching Visions acts as a “hub” in the Affiliation industry where several thousand smaller affiliate sites are connected with operators. Matching Visions operates with a margin of around 10-15% and is, with its network, a vital part in the media ecosystem which Acroud has created.
- In January, the Company obtained a license to operate in Pennsylvania, which is already a regulated State. At the same time, Michigan, where Acroud already has a license, was regulated, which means that Acroud can run Sports Betting, Casino and Poker affiliate operations in both states.
- In February 2021, a new organizational structure was introduced, with two operational segments: the iGaming Affiliation segment and the… As a Service segment (SaaS and BaaS solutions). In the iGaming Affiliation segment, news and comparison sites are operated. In the… As a Service segment, we offer software and service solutions in the media and affiliation industry, so-called Software as a Service (SaaS) and Business as a Service (BaaS) offerings. In connection with the introduction of the new organization, a new and strengthened management team was formed consisting of seven people.
- In February, Acroud gave an update on US Strategy. Acroud will continue on the track with focus on the US market evaluating different growth initiatives to find the right balance between organic growth, partnerships with Media Houses and executing possible strategic acquisitions. As part of the evaluation Acroud decided to withdraw from the process of a potential acquisition where a Letter of Intent (“LOI”) was announced on 3 November 2020. The rationale behind the withdrawal was a combination of higher transaction risk than anticipated and increased momentum of our current assets.
- In February, the Company signed another letter of intent for the acquisition of TheGamblingCabin (TGC), which is a fast-growing company that offers both a software-based “gaming tips” service and highly popular streaming channels within Sports Betting, Poker and Horse Racing. TGC has a clear strategic fit with Acroud, whereby we strengthen our software offering (SaaS), while adding some of the most popular media channels, YouTube and Twitch, to our offering. The acquisition was finalized in April 2021.
- In March, an Extraordinary General Meeting was held which decided on an employee stock option program. The employee share option program covers key personnel and will run for three years until March 2024. The Extraordinary General Meeting was held on 1 March 2021.
Significant events after the quarter
- After the end of the period, TGC was acquired for a purchase price of approximately SEK 47 million, on a cash and debt-free basis. The purchase price was paid in cash and with newly issued shares in Acroud. The transaction was based on Acroud’s signed letter of intent published in a press release on 17 February 2021. TGC generated annual sales of approximately EUR 1.4 million, based on the 9-month period Q320– Q121, with an EBITDA margin of approximately 65 percent resulting in annual EBITDA of approximately EUR 0.9 million.
- In April, Jonas Strömberg from Erik Selin Aktiehandel AB and Maria Grimaldi Andersson were proposed to be elected as new board members of Acroud during the Annual General Meeting on 20 May 2021. At the same time, Fredrik Rüden and Jonas Bertilsson renounced re-election.
VD-comment: The Ride continues!
It has been a very eventful quarter during which we have executed the communicated strategy with increased focus on growth, which is seen in increasing NDCs (New Depositing Customers) development. This is one of the most important key figures and the development has been very strong, to a large extent as a result of acquisitions made and the synergies they entail. We have developed Acroud from being a traditional “comparison site” affiliate company to owning a strong “ecosystem” in the media and affiliation industry. We are taking big steps forward in high speed through an innovative and forward-leaning approach. We connect People, Content Creators (Bloggers, Youtubers, Affiliates, etc.) and activities within the ecosystem.
In short time we have developed Acroud from primarily operating traditional comparison and news sites within iGaming to also run land-based live events, SaaS solutions, BaaS solutions and high-quality media content such as Streaming, Twitch and Youtube. All of these mentioned components or “circles” meet in Acroud and it is so “where the magic happens” in the media ecosystem.
A strong and progressive quarter
When I took over as CEO I expected that it would take around 12 months before we would harvest the initial fruits of the extensive change management work. Therefore it is extra gratifying to see the results for the first quarter confirming this:
- NDC development is strong and increasing sequentially in both the iGaming Affiliation and As a Service segments, to 31,787 NDCs, largely driven by acquisitions, compared to 11,262 NDCs during the fourth quarter of 2020
- REVENUES increase sequentially by 123% to EUR 5,579, where revenues from the iGaming Affiliation segment also show growth of 13%
- ADJUSTED EBITDA increasing 54% quarter on quarter reaching 1,575 kEUR compared to 1,023 kEUR previous quarter
Through the change management work, the original iGaming Affiliation segment now shows growth sequentially, excluding acquisitions. Our comparative figures compared to the first quarter last year have been affected by the adjustment made in the Dutch market in July last year, which mainly explains the negative organic growth in iGaming Affiliation on an annual basis. According to Dutch authorities, the market is expected to reopen in October 2021.
What is “The Media House of the Future”?
For Acroud, it is a mantra and means a lot. First of all, it’s an attitude. “Future” means being pro-active, adaptable and to be in the forefront. “Media house” means that we build an ecosystem consisting of several different components that together complement each other with clear synergies. As an example, during March 2021 we generated +1,000 NDCs through streaming, which has not been generated in previous quarters in the business. By getting the various components to work together, we create diversification, high-qualitative content and high entry barriers. Step by step, we are moving from being a pure player with traditional comparison sites to a product mix comprising more complex solutions with high entry barriers and high-quality content.
Through the acquisition of Power Media Group, Acroud took a big leap into the SaaS industry and has now also become a SaaS company (Software as a Service). In line with our vision to create a better way for “Content Creators” to monetize from their work, we now offer two different software solutions. 1) Voonix, which is an industry-leading data collection tool in the affiliation industry, and 2) Affhut, which simplifies for users to build and create their own networks of “Content Creators”.
The acquisition of TheGamblingCabin (TGC) in April was another important milestone on the road to create the “Media House of the Future”. TGC is a fast-growing player in streaming and software solutions for the media and affiliation industry. TGCs’ “reduction tool” is an industry-leading software and the company’s digital presence is impressive and can be launched internationally. This and the other acquisitions we have made recently transform and strengthen Acroud at the same time as we position ourselves as a SaaS supplier on the strategic map.
Acroud´s three growth pillars
Following the acquisitions, a new company have been formed which consists of two operational segments: iGaming Affiliation (news and comparison websites) and …As a Service (SaaS- and BaaS solutions). Our expansion strategy for the two segments is based on 3 growth pillars which are iGaming Affiliation, BaaS and SaaS solutions. The iGaming Affiliation is our underlying affiliate business containing the traditional verticals; Poker, Sports Betting and Casino. Acroud delivers high quality content and uses search engine optimisation to rank high in keywords and thereby drive traffic in the media industry. The second pillar, “Software as a Service” (SaaS) solutions, has been described above, while the third pillar “Business as a Service” (BaaS) is a service offering that primarily includes Matching Visions. Matching Visions provides “Content Creators” (Bloggers, Youtubers, Affiliates, etc.) access to a large client base, unique software, tools and business terms, which would otherwise be out of their reach. Thousands of smaller iGaming affiliate sites around the world come together, via Matching Visions, to provide traffic and new players to online gaming operators.
Focus on “Operational Excellence”
After the integration of the acquired businesses, the focus is on ‘Operational Excellence’ and on developing the new Acroud together with our new team. In February a new management team was formed with experienced leaders from the industry who see the synergies within our group and have a way of working which is fast, entrepreneurial and professional. We are constantly improving and building a strong organization adapted to growth.
In addition, after two years of work, all sites have now migrated to one and the same platform, which means efficient and scalable roll-out of sites. Preparations for the opening and regulation of the German and Dutch markets this year are in full swing and the last pieces of the puzzle will fall into place during the second quarter so that we are ready to capitalize on our iGaming assets.
Our way to create shareholder value
I always aim to engage the best talent, make best use of resources and find our own unique position in the value chain within the industry. This in turn will maximize shareholder value. This is exactly what we are doing with Acroud moving on the strategic map and creating a unique media company with powerful SaaS solutions, unique focus on Poker and high-quality content including a large network of streamers. We like to see opportunities where others have not yet understood the full potential.
At the same time as others rush to the US, we continue our focus on organic growth step by step where our US assets are showing momentum. We focus on the areas where we have “low-hanging fruit” to pick to create value for shareholders.
In addition, we continue to create unique content and unique revenue streams by “owning poker again” via TheGamblingCabin and The Festival Series which is a land-based and competitive Sports Betting, Casino and Poker event at several different destinations in Europe. We are also expanding the streaming networks within Matching Visions as well as broadening our SaaS solutions through Voonix expansion. Pictures, mobile media and film are becoming important in our daily lives and also for search engine optimization, which is the foundation for building awareness regarding Acroud websites and brands. Thus, “User Generated Content” norm today – let’s do it through a strong offering in social media.
We will continue to pursue an opportunistic acquisition strategy where we evaluate new potential acquisitions, primarily focusing on SaaS solutions and Sports Betting, but we will not be as aggressive as the second half of 2020 and the first half of 2021. Priority will be on organic growth in our base portfolio, integration of completed acquisitions, while we will step by step reduce net indebtedness over time.
In summary, the pieces of the Acroud puzzle are starting to fall into place to build “The Media House of the Future” and we are prepared for solid growth. You can expect that we will continue to keep a high pace, invest smart and create value for shareholders.
5 Best Online Bingo Affiliate Programs
Bingo affiliate programs are the talk of the town these days. They are so popular because they offer good...
Advertising gambling in Italy: how the dignity decree has affected online casinos
One of the oldest pastimes, the fine sport of gambling, is at risk with strict new laws taking effect...
The Ins and Outs of Online Gambling in India: Laws and Legislation Explained
Needless to say, the online gambling industry has dominated the world by storm. In a nutshell, gaming industries from across...
Can EURO 2020 Spark a Betting Boom for Britain’s Bookies?
With UEFA and football fans breathing a sigh of relief that EURO 2020 is finally to be held this...
GAMING1 adds JOABET to leading affiliate program
Multi-brand platform welcomes acclaimed new member to high-profile list Leading gaming and sports betting partner GAMING1 has added the prominent...
Catena Media acquires US online sports affiliation company Lineups.com
Catena Media plc, an industry leader in online lead generation, has acquired 100 percent of the shares in Lineups.com,...
Online Casino Sites in Poland
For players based in Poland, gambling is not something made easy given the laws that prohibit any form of...
Cricket Betting Online
There are so many different sports out there that sports betting fans like to bet on, but some sports are...
BetinIreland: The #1 Affiliate Partner for Irish Players
So, you want to join the online casino world but you’re not sure where to start. You don’t know...
BuzzBingo.com teams up with Rightlander to boost affiliate compliance measures
Tier one operator becomes the latest to leverage Rightlander’s innovative compliance platform Buzz Bingo has become the latest tier...
News4 years ago
Paddy Power departs the Italian market
News4 years ago
Use of Social Media for Online Gambling Affiliates
Affiliate Success4 years ago
Affiliate Interviews: CasinoDaddy (Mathias, Anton, and Erik Joelsson)
News2 years ago
Casino Games for Real Money – Choosing One to Play
Affiliate Announcements2 years ago
How to Stand Out on Georgia’s Profitable Gambling Market? Leading Experts to Discuss Best Practices at Georgia iGaming Affiliate Conference
Affiliate Success4 years ago
Exclusive Interview with Christoph C. Cemper Founder & CEO of LinkResearchTools and Link Detox
News3 years ago
Henrik Persson Ekdahl announces sale of stake in Catena Media
Affiliate Announcements3 years ago
The First AskGamblers Awards Are Here and Awaiting Your Vote